Employability Progressions Coordinator
Rural and Urban Training Scheme (RUTS)
Salary: £24,333 a year
Closing date: Wednesday August 10th, 2022
Inspired to make a positive impact on young people’s lives? Do you have the skills to engage, inspire and progress young people aged 16-24 towards a positive destination? – if the answer to these questions is yes…
Then read on – we may just be the perfect fit!
We are an innovative and exciting organisation who INSPIRE young people across Scotland to realise their potential and we are looking for someone who shares our passion and commitment to achieve this through delivery of a variety of vocational and employability themed programmes.
This is a full time (35hrs per week) role and the successful applicant will have experience in delivering training and supporting individuals into a positive destination.
Context and Purpose
RUTS is committed to providing vocational training and other support of the highest quality to young people using innovative solutions – This role will work as part of a wider team to facilitate in the planning, delivery and achievement of RUTS programmes.
You will be responsible for securing employment, education and training opportunities for participants and supporting them to progress. You will deliver group employability and personal development workshops and qualifications, establish and maintain partnerships with referral agencies and develop links with the colleges and employers to secure suitable opportunities for our young people.
There is scope to further develop this post creatively with young people.
This is not an exhaustive list and you will be required to contribute to the development of this exciting role.
Will be enthusiastic and committed to working with young people, supporting them to identify and remove barriers and helping them to successfully move into positive destinations and achieve better outcomes.
Values based –
- Innovative – Encouraging and nurturing ideas.
- Networks – Connecting and building relationships
- Seamless – Providing effective service delivery through joined up services
- Participative – Collaborating in the design and implementation of services
- Inclusive – Encouraging diversity, welcoming individuals from all communities
- Responsive – Anticipating change and adapting our services to meet needs
- Empowering – Enabling people to reach their potential
We have a friendly and professional ethos, with a strong commitment to quality and innovation, both in terms of the services and products we provide and the way we work together.
For an informal chat or if you have any questions around any aspect of the role please get in touch with Stuart on 0131 663 5736
- Work with young people to identify barriers to positive destinations and empower them to achieve
- Assist in the development of activities which support young people to develop work-based skills, life skills and enhance communication
- Deliver and facilitate a range of employability and vocational programmes and qualifications
- Support young people who may have had a poor experience of education and consequently have difficulties with literacy, self-esteem and communication.
- Overall accountability for participants progression into employment, education or training
- Overall accountability for identifying work experience opportunities and supporting participants within work experience, employment, education or training by providing aftercare
- Maintain knowledge of opportunities available to young people who wish to pursue a career in a related field.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships to facilitate work experience and/or employment opportunities
- Expand networks with other training and education providers
- Maintain written records of the work undertaken for the purposes of evaluation.
- Delivery of a complete employability service including job searching strategies, interview techniques, job applications etc.. and delivering group and personal development workshops
- Accountable for meeting delivery team targets in relation to recruitment, retention and outcomes.
- Obtain evidence to support progression outcomes and achievement
- Manage own time and support the delivery of objectives and targets ensuring the development of professional practice and updating personal knowledge of local and national employability initiatives.
- Continuously demonstrate and develop better understanding of ethical issues in relation to working with young people. (eg. Confidentiality, Child Protection and equal opportunities, etc.)
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and its overall objectives.
Required skills and experience essential:
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience or knowledge of local and national employability initiatives
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time effectively
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Teams and Zoom
- Experience of SQA/SCQF qualifications structure or development
- Any relevant vocational and/or training qualification e.g. CIAG, Assessor/Verifier
- Occasional out of hours working required
- Commitment to Continued Personal Development (through both in-house, external and self-guided learning/training)
Special job requirements
- E Current car driving licence
- E Membership of PVG scheme (upon appointment)
- D Clean driving licence
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation and its overall objectives
Read more about this job and apply