Find latest guidance about COVID-19 from the Scottish Government including business support, social distancing and stay at home advice.
To facilitate business in the current climate, we are adopting a process of ‘economic renewal’. We acknowledge that the economic landscape will operate in a ‘new normal’ post Covid-19. This will be a transformative process as opposed to a ‘return to business as normal’ pre-pandemic.
As we emerge from the current crisis, we will act on the Strategy for Growth 2020-25. Through our targeted Economic Renewal Strategy, we show our ambitions to transition the local economy towards a new beginning.
Our commitment to businesses and aim is to:
- Protect jobs and preserve business by utilising our place based partnership approach
- Mitigate the adverse economic impact on the local economy from Covid-19
- Take advantage of emerging opportunities: stimulate entrepreneurship, upskilling and education, address gaps in the market, change the way we do business, align to customer behaviour
- Make Midlothian a great, green place to grow
- Build capacity in the public, private and third sectors to respond to and recover from impact
- Assess recovery needs and inform development of future strategy
- Implementation, monitoring and adjustment of plans and actions