Business Regulatory Support Service (BRSS)
Midlothian businesses can now access the Business Regulatory Support Service (BRSS) through the Business Gateway Midlothian service. This service provides businesses with a single point of contact for advice on regulations, from food safety and licensing to planning and building standards.
The BRSS includes access to and support from the following council services:
- Environmental Health
- Trading Standards
- Building Standards
- Business Gateway/ Economic Development
The aim of the service is to:
- Provide reliable, transparent advice that supports compliance
- Provide advice appropriate to each businesses circumstances
- Provide clear advice that can be easily understood and implemented
- Distinguish legal requirements from suggested good practice
- Ensure that any verbal advice a business receives is confirmed in writing
The BRSS is available to established Midlothian based businesses, businesses looking to re-locate to Midlothian and those planning to start a business in Midlothian.
Businesses can expect the following initial response times from the BRSS:
- Initial contact with Business Gateway: response within 2 working days
- Report compiled and referral by Business Gateway to relevant services: within 2 working days
- Response and verbal advice provided by relevant services: contact within 2 working days
- Written report by relevant services emailed to business: within 3 working days of contact by service
Contact the Business Regulatory Support Service
Email email@example.com and an adviser will be in touch to discuss your needs and process your request.