Employment Support - ENABLE Works
ENABLE Works, in partnership with the Young Person’s Guarantee, are delivering a First Steps programme to eligible young people aged 16-24 in the Midlothian area. It will provide young people with training and support to help increase the likelihood of them moving into a positive destination. ENABLE Works also specialise in supporting young people with long term health issues, disabilities, and mental health issues.
First Steps Programme
The 6-week Stage 1 First Steps programme will allow individuals to receive support and access skills boosting courses. After which the young person will be given support to move to their next destination.
The course will include:
- Independent travel training (Using our ENABLE Me App)
- Confidence/Motivation building activity
- Engagement in community-based activity
- Support for social skills development
- Engaging specialist organisations to overcome specific barriers
- Support for welfare/benefit issues
- Money and budget management
- Development of digital skills
- Visiting Universities, Colleges and training providers
Who is this for?
Any young person aged between 16-24, who is currently out of work, out of education and not involved in training can access this support.
Find Out More
If you would like to refer a young person, please contact the ENABLE Works team who can help:
Find out more about ENABLE Works on their website