Rural and Urban Training Scheme (RUTS) was established over 40 years ago and is an innovative and exciting organisation that aims to INSPIRE young people aged 14-25 across Scotland to realise their potential. We are committed to providing vocational training and other support of the highest quality to young people using innovative solutions. We are looking for someone who shares our passion and commitment to achieve this through helping us to achieve this through co-ordinating the delivery of a variety of vocational and employability themed contracts.
Context and Purpose
RUTS is committed to providing vocational training and other support of the highest quality to young people using innovative solutions. This is an exciting new role, which plays a part in ensuring RUTS contracts are optimised across a wide range of service users and that we comply with the funding requirements to deliver these services which enable young people to ultimately progress into positive destinations within employment, education, and training opportunities.
The new project will operate an academy structure aimed at 14 – 19 year olds:
- Go Motorbike Academy
- Go Boxing Academy
- Go Fitness Academy
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has expertise in one of the three areas or is keen to learn.
This role will be accountable for the planning, delivery, and performance of this contract including managing part of our delivery team, ensuring compliance is achieved to a high standard and that RUTS meets our targets.
Main duties and tasks:
- Accountable for delivering our services within budget and agreed targets.
- Relationship management: develop new and existing relationships with all relevant stakeholders of RUTS including existing and prospective funders and clients.
- Represent and promote RUTS with a view to increasing demand/referrals and raising awareness of our services.
- Prepare reports and provide contract performance updates to senior management, The Board and funders.
- Represent RUTS at meetings with funders and other service providers
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems and processes are followed.
- Lead, support and develop our delivery team
- Expand networks with other training and education providers
- Accountable for keeping written records of the work undertaken for the purposes of evaluation.
- Accountable for ensuring there is evidence to support progression outcomes and achievement
- Manage own time and support the delivery of objectives and targets ensuring the development of professional practice and updating personal knowledge of local and national youth initiatives.
- Continuously demonstrate and develop better understanding of ethical issues in relation to working with young people. (eg. Confidentiality, Child Protection and equal opportunities, etc.)
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and its overall objectives.
The Individual – will be enthusiastic and committed to working with young people, helping them to successfully move into positive destinations and achieve better outcomes. Ideally, you will have good experience of project or contract delivery in the training sector and a proven track record of delivering results.
Values based -The individual will share RUTS values:
- Innovative – Encouraging and nurturing ideas.
- Networks – Connecting and building relationships
- Seamless – Providing effective service delivery through joined up services
- Participative – Collaborating in the design and implementation of services
- Inclusive – Encouraging diversity, welcoming individuals from all communities
- Responsive – Anticipating change and adapting our services to meet needs
- Empowering – Enabling people to reach their potential
Required skills and experience:
- Able to demonstrate contract management experience
- Experience of leading a team to achieve results
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Experience or knowledge of local and national training initiatives
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time effectively
- Proficient IT literacy (use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Teams and Zoom)
- Flexible can-do attitude
- Commitment to Continued Personal Development (through both in-house, external, and self-guided learning/training)
- Current full UK car driving licence
- Membership of PVG scheme (upon appointment)
- Experience or understanding of SQA/SCQF qualifications structure or development
- Experience in one of the three area motorcycles, boxing or fitness
- Any relevant vocational and/or training qualification e.g. Assessor/Verifier – Or willing to work towards this
- Flexibility as we require occasional out of hours working
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation and its overall objectives
We have a friendly and professional ethos, with a strong commitment to quality and innovation, both in terms of the services and products we provide and the way we work together.
Find out more and apply